Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What we have.


As I sat here today watching Oprah, it just kinda hit all the things I take advantage of and take for granted in my life. It was all about these kids that are miracle babies and one story was about a family that had a little boy named Eliot and he only lived for 99 days. I sat there with tears in my eyes thinking how could a mom go on living with having lost a child? I don't know what I would do if anything happened to my children they are my life. It spiraled in to everything else in my life. All the material things I have or want. And really what is the point are those the things that really make me happy? Well at that moment I guess, but at the end of the day it's watching my husband, and the love of my life play with our beautiful kids and watching them get so so excited when daddy gets home from work. That is what really matters. Not what I drive or the house I live in. It's what Justin and I build together and cherishing every minute of every day. Taking the good with the bad and learning from it all. Keeping this blog and being able to go back and read one of my first posts and it putting a smile on my face even though at that point I was hating my husband. (haha)

Just wanted to remind us all with everything going on in our country right now, lets not get so wrapped up in it all and forget about the little things in life that we may miss.

(you gotta love Oprah)

No comments: