Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Potty training???


I'm just about ready to give up! For my sanity and my sons. I don't know if it's just my child or what but he does not want to give up the diapers! Anyone have any ideas for me??? Ya I don't know really what to do? I've been told that if they aren't ready don't do it cause it's training you not them. But I just sit here wondering is he ready and I"m the one getting flustered?? My biggest problem is he has never actually gone in the potty, he has gone outside (getting a little cold for this one now) and as soon as he gets off the toilet he'll pee. :( If he would actually go at least one time then I would take a step back and be like ok I know he knows what to do. But on the flip side I know he knows that is where we go potty. Oh my gosh I just don't know what to do. I hate potty training! He just got in to the bath so after the bath I'm going to do the same thing I have been doing for the last couple of days. I have a half naked boy running around the house. lol. So I guess we will see how the day goes. I guess you could say I have a pretty strong willed child cause I have the potty chart going and the bribing with candy, it was even his favorite super hero gummies and ya we got nothin!! He would rather not have it at all then sit or stand at the toilet. There is this one site I've looked at online that guarantees to have your child potty trained in 3 days. I'm very close to ordering it! I really hope Averee is way easier!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Graham's parents seemed to have a good trick and it worked for my Aunt and Uncle with their son. It's pretty simple but kinda scary. All they did was get rid of all the diapers and told him "no more diapers" Within the day they were both potty trained. Hope that works for you! maybe you should try some of those pull ups that get cold when they are wet?

Jessica and Joe said...

Wish I had some advice but I'm learning just like you are and every kid is different. I hear boys are a little harder but I don't know if that's just a rumor. We did the potty books and got her doll a potty, didn't really work, but when she was ready she just started going. She has had a few accidents on the floor and she has to clean them up so I don't think she liked that. She doesn't go every time and it's still hit and miss are far as when she is interested. I know she watches other kids at daycare so I'm sure that helps. Keep me posted!