Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Growing up...

where does the time go?  I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was in high school and hangin out in the parking lot with all my "redneck" friends and the big ol trucks. LOL   I feel lucky I had a few great friends in High School..  Then I wonder what happened?  It's funny how life changes and people change.

When I was 17 I meet one of my best friends! We were from two different towns and COMPLETE opposites! We both worked at a little drive thru coffee shop and I still remember thinking wow she is way to girly, but it was one of those relationships that we just clicked and had the best friendship since.  I love her to pieces and don't know what I would do without her in my life!  She was there when I first meet Justin, my wedding, the birth of Ryder, and everything else.  for a while she was down in California and we would go months without talking, but it's one of those friendships that no matter how much time has gone by, we can pick up like it was just yesterday.

That little coffee shop brought me not one but 3 of my closest friends!  I feel so lucky to have worked there and have these girls in my life!  I love them all and talk with them all almost daily. talk about all being from different walks of life, yet you put us all in the same room and we could chat it up ALL night!  Now times have changed and it just might be a quick text or IM (Krystle I would die without our IMing everyday!! Love you and miss you tons!)  but either way we all still know whats going on and are here for each other anytime day or night.

High school seems like it was just a growing experience for me.  I was so determined to be "different" then everyone else I never actually focused on myself and figured out who I really was.  Maybe that is one of the reasons I really don't have to many or any actual "close" friends from high school?  I meet some great people in high school and still talk to them via FB or email, but I have to say I meet the people I want to be in my life and my kids lives in my mid 20's.  Is that strange?  I feel like I know so many people from high school who still are super close friends.  LOL  I don't have one person from high school who I still "hang out" with or consider one of my "besties" or even talk to monthly! I do feel lucky in some ways that I don't have any of that "drama" that could come up anytime from the past.  haha
  Then we move on to beauty school...  I know who the heck would I want to be friends with in beauty school!? right???
My MOLLY!!!
Talk about a friend that would be there through thick and thin, no matter what part of the country she lives in! I hate to say it, but it's been way to many years that we haven't actually seen each other, but we talk every other day, if not daily.  :)

There is really no reason I'm writing about these wonderful girls, I just have had an evening of talking with them ALL and feel so lucky to have them in my life.  Some people want to be life of the party (me 15 years ago) and friends with everyone.  But I have learned just a few GREAT, WONDERFUL, AMAZING women in my life work best and perfect for me!!
 
Thank you my BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL friends!

Guess I was feeling like I needed to give a little shout out to my great girlfriends!
My life would be crazy without you all and I don't know how I would get through all these crazy days in my life without you guys!

Thanks for everything you do for me.

1 comment:

MuseMolly said...

I love you Jamee. You are such a dear friend to me. I totally know what you're saying too. I completely relate to this posting about meeting life long friends when you least expect it, and yet, the ones you think will be life long (ahem, in HS) are but acquantances.

You're mean the world to me, friend!