Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day Of Preschool!

Last Thursday was Ryder's first day of school!! He was so so excited! We woke up and got ready and wow he was running through out the house yelling I"m going to school! On the way there I got a pit in my stomach on how drop off was going to go. He was super excited and then on our way he said "mom I don't want to go to school, I just want to go home, so we can be a famaalee" I was smirking and said oh you are going to have so much fun! We got to school and at first he was a little shy, hiding behind my legs, but then he went off to play and I told him I would be back in a while to pick him up and if he needs anything to ask Miss Donna. He looked at me and said "k mom, bye" we walked out and everything was wonderful.. Over all this really doesn't surprise me he is such a little social bug. I didn't know if I was going to have a little melt down of if I would be fine. I have to say proudly I did not shed any tears! Maybe because I had Averee in the back shedding enough for the both of us. She really didn't understand why we were leaving brother. My next stop on my morning with only one kiddo. STARBUCKS! Oh ya baby I got my Pumpkin Spice Latte and went home to a clean house and played girly games with my little girl. My mom got here just in time to go with me to pick Ryder up from school and this was our "melt down" time. haha.. Him and just about the entire class were in melt down mode as they stood in line waiting for parents. The teacher looked at the parents and had a smile on her face and said this was due to them not understanding why they had to leave their "pencil boxes" in class instead of bringing them home with them. lol.... By the time we got to the car Ryder was slowly starting to calm down, then grandma said she would take him to pick out a new one to keep at home. Well that made a world of difference. :) After all was good he started talking about everything he did in class and how he played "construction" in the playground and he sang songs for us. I'm so happy he had so much fun and so thrilled he is enjoying himself! He is in class twice a week for 3 hours each day, nothing big but perfect due to him never being away from me or family in his entire life! haha.

No comments: