Sunday, April 26, 2009

oh a hiking we will go....

We woke up to the sun shinning and just a gorgeous day. I decided I didn't get to go hiking yesterday, so today would be perfect. We packed everyone up and left the house around 9 this morning. We drove up the Metolius River, and spent the morning and early afternoon hiking around and enjoying the sunshine. We went up to Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery, I think Ryder could have spent the entire afternoon there. It was a lot of fun.






After checking out all the fish at least 3 times, we decided to head up the river for a little hiking. Ryder was searching for Tracks, and saw all kinds of "wildlife" that for some reason only he saw. lol.. Oh and the highlight of the day was him finding a dead squirl and he just thought it was the coolest thing ever, he had me take a picture but I decided to spare you guys the not so pleasant picture it turned out to be. (He had to have one to show his cousins)








Next we headed down the road to the "Mouth of the Metolius". We unpacked our lunch and had a little picnic. We had a few friendly chipmunks come around that Ryder enjoyed sharing his lunch with.


And that was our Sunday afternoon. So much fun and completely wore the kids out. Next weekend is off to more fun. We are packing up and heading to the Zoo with my sister and her kids, and my entire family!!

No comments: