Monday, July 20, 2009

What were we thinking?

This past weekend my friend and I decided it would be great to have a garage sale. Well little did we know, It was going to be 100+ degrees all weekend!

I had so much baby stuff to get rid of, I was super excited to have the sale. Last year my sister and I did one and my baby clothes sold with in minutes. This year was OK but nothing like last year. Friday morning we set everything up and started our adventure in the blazing heat. It was so dead all day! We ended up bringing out the pool from the back yard and if you can imagine we had 4 kids and 2 adults in and out of this little plastic kiddie pool all day. That was pretty much the high light of the day. And the only way we could stay cool considering it topped out around 102 that day. At the end of the day I did end up selling most of my big baby furniture, so I did bring in a little money. I would have had my baby crib to sell too, BUT my wonderful husband busted it Thursday night "trying" to put it back together.... So I had our changing table and all the little pads and sheets that went with it, high chair, all kinds of stuff. We did have a ton of kids clothes ranging from sizes 12 months-12 years! those went through out the two day sale. Over all it wasn't that great of a success. But I did get a great tan from it all!!
Oh I forgot to mention during this heat wave and having to be out in it ALL day my daughter was cutting 2 teeth and cried just about all day both days! The only time she was happy was when she was playing in the pool. This made it extremely difficult to just make the best of it...
Last night I finished it all up going through what I had left and putting it in a Craigslist or Goodwill pile. Hoping I can sell the what I posted on Craigslist, guess we will see.

Hope you all enjoyed the hot weekend and stayed cool!

No comments: