Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Complete panic attack!

Still catching my breath, and trying to calm myself...
I just had a freak out moment. Well if felt way longer then a moment. I was sitting here on the computer and went to check on Ryder. He was playing in the back yard (my computer is right next to the sliding glass door to go out back.) I go out there and don't see him. came inside didn't see him, after searching each room, panic mode kicked in! I"m yelling his name re-looking in every room, in the bathrooms, his toy box (he enjoys climbing in it), and then went out front he can open the screen door now but has never gone out with out one of us going with him. Ran back to the back yard yelling his name. He was gone......
I was on the verge of tears, my heart pounding out of my chest, going what do I do next. In the mean while on my t.v. is Oprah and it's about this mom who forgot about her baby in the car and she died. So everything is going thru my mind, litarly everything. Finally I went back outside to the back yard and I"m yelling his name and he jumps out from the side of the house covered in dirt! I said honey where have you been? You scared momma so much! He showed me where he was and my sweet little boy was hiding behind the dog house on the side of the house. He was ducked down behind it, and heard me yelling his name! I even looked on that side, that is how well he was hiding!!!

Oh the fun times of a 2 year old.....

1 comment:

Jessica and Joe said...

Oooohh, super scary. I though I lost Selena in the store Sunday, turns out she was right at my feet and just to small to notice with my arms full of items to buy. My heart dropped and I totally went into panic mode for a few seconds.